Bush Lied …
Interesting comment on the news this evening. When President Bush said that there were chemical weapons in Iraq, all of the worlds intelligence agencies agreed with him. (Well, at least those affiliated with NATO and our allies.) Democrats and Republicans on the intelligence committees also supported this conclusion. When it turned out that these weapons had been moved and were no longer in the country – the media promoted the whole “Bush Lied, People Died” mantra.
Obama Misspoke …
Now that President Obama has been proven to make multiple statements that are the exact opposite of the truth, and evidence has come out since that he had been briefed on the facts so he absolutely knew that he was not telling the truth the media reaction is: “He misspoke.” Really? Dozens of times, using the same phrase in different situations, specifically as a response to the challenge that the plan would force people out of their current plans? This is misspeaking? Wow.
Sounds like Horse Manure to Me!
Perhaps ABC, NBC and CBS should get their ombudsmen to publish their definitions of lying as a public service announcement so we all know how to react when politicians are feeding us a load of horse manure. Or is it as simple as: No matter the statement, if it comes from a Republican, it is a lie. But, no matter how outrageous the lie, if it comes from a Democrat (and it gets proven beyond a reasonable doubt), it was a mistake. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame the politicians for this… this is a failure on the part of the talking head media.. of course our leaders in Washington take advantage of the situation.
by Dan Gilbert
- A manure pile by any other name . . . (americanliberaltimes.com)
- Good Morning Mr. President 10/14/13 (compasssettings.wordpress.com)
- NY Times: Obama “Misspoke” When He Said (Hundreds If Not Thousands Of Times) You Could Keep Your Insurance (minx.cc)
- New York Times: Obama just misspoke when he said you could ‘keep’ your plan (canadafreepress.com)
- NYT: President “misspoke” about Obamacare promise (rare.us)
- Obama ‘Misspoke’ (Lied) on Lots More than Keeping Your Plan (nationalreview.com)
- NYT: Barack Obama just “misspoke” about keeping your plan, or something| by Ed Morrissey (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- NYT: Barack Obama just “misspoke” about keeping your plan, or something (hotair.com)