I find it very interesting that The Tennessean, a long time supporter of Democratic candidates and former employer of Al Gore, should come out endorsing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. The headline for their endorsement reads, “Time For Another Change.”
Hallerin Hilton Hill, on his morning talk radio program yesterday gave a much better answer to the young man who asked the opening question at the second presidential debate:
Mr. President, Governor Romney, as a 20-year-old college student, all I hear from professors, neighbors and others is that when I graduate, I will have little chance to get employment. What can you say to reassure me, but more importantly my parents, that I will be able to sufficiently support myself after I graduate?
I loved Hallerin’s 11 – point answer to the student’s question. A caller added a 12th point. I can’t remember all of them, but I will try and list some of them here as best I can remember:
- First , get the heck away from the negativity of those professors, neighbors, and others. Who the heck are they to tell you that you cannot make it? Stand on your own two feet and decide that your future depends on your efforts … not their negative perceptions. Surround yourself with positive, supportive professors, neighbors, and others.
- Learn to communicate! Be confident, shake hands, smile, look people in the eyes. Learn to talk like a thinking, educated adult. I have never been to a job interview were I could sit there and text back and forth with the interviewer! (Caller)
- Be excellent! Always do your best work. Never be satisfied with doing any less than your best!
- Study now … party later. If 50% of colleges students cannot find jobs after graduation, be sure you are part of the 50% who do!
- Pick a career-orientated program. ORNL needs engineers! They are importing them from India and China. Get an engineering degree. A degree in Women’s Studies, African-American History, Music Appreciation, or Hindu Underwater Basket Weaving, while possibly quite politically correct and popular with liberals, will not provide you with much of a chance at finding a good job!
- Dress well! Look like a professional. Dave Ramsey puts it like this … “Dress your wage!”
These few points I can remember … sound like some pretty sage advice to me!
- Cape Fear Catholics speak about election candidates and who has their vote – Articles (wilmingtonfavs.com)
- Nightmare election scenarios worry both parties (sfgate.com)
- Rosen: Your vote does count (denverpost.com)
- Nightmare Election Scenarios Worry Both Parties (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- WHY Did Romney Associates Buy A Big Voting Machine Company? (seeingtheforest.com)
- The 2nd Presidential Debate (20somethingsin2012.wordpress.com)
- The Kids Have Spoken In ‘Mock Election’ (wycd.cbslocal.com)
- Romney takes lead in projected electoral vote count (philly.com)