All Americans … democratic and republican … liberal and conservative … want access to affordable, quality healthcare. The problem with Obamacare is that it cannot and will not give us that; and in truth … it was never designed to. Obamacare was never intended to reduce healthcare costs, and in act, it will increase healthcare cost substantially. Obamacare was designed to force all Americans to have government approved health insurance by 2014, or be fined by their government. Which, despite claims to the contrary by the Washington Post, amounts to a government take over of healthcare. That is why Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and company, rushed to have it passed before it was read and understood, and before anyone really knew what was hidden in it. Two years ago, the CBO (Congressional Budget Office) told America Obamacare would cost the U.S. taxpayers about $900 billion. It just recently revised that cost to be $1.8 trillion! Is anyone … besides the Cool Aid Drinkers … surprised by this?
It is incomprehensible to me how such an Obamanation of legislation could be passed without even trying a few simpler measure that have been discussed during previous years that could have helped lower healthcare costs in America … without created a huge new bumbling bureaucracy.
The liberal elites, such as Obama and his cronies, want to blame the private sector and capitalism for rising healthcare and premiums costs. They count on the fact that you will not do your homework and will simply accept their claim at face value. Why then, is it, that I can purchase auto insurance from an auto insurance company in Hawaii because they offer a better premium rate … but must by a health insurance policy from a company based in Tennessee? Why is the market closed off? Is this free market capitalism? No it is not! Then how can liberals truthfully blame free market capitalism? They cannot … unless you drank the Cool Aid!
The fact is that the federal government has no legal authority to regulate health insurance rates. Insurance, including health insurance, is regulated by the states. The McCarran-Ferguson Act, which preserves the principle of state regulation of insurance, was not amended by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the law under which the new rule on health insurance rates was issued. So what is going on here? With no regulatory authority at all, HHS is trying to bully or shame health insurers into reducing their rate increases. Again, the whole effort is an incredible exercise by Obama’s administration in power-grabbing!
The Heritage Founation lists 10 other negative outcomes from Obamacare:
- New taxes, penalties, and fees will discourage businesses from growing, lowering economic growth by $706 billion and costing 800,000 jobs.
- The Federal government will force the 18 million of the uninsured to go under Medicaid, while others must accept another government program. Despite this, millions will still remain uninsured.
- Each year, $125 million will go towards subsidizing school-based health centers and programs to reduce teen pregnancy, with no requirement to reduce abortions. Parents won’t know what services their children will receive.
- Half of those on Medicare Advantage will lose this coverage thank to rate increases.
- Health care costs will rise thanks to $47 billion in new taxes on drug companies and medical device makers.
- Nearly two-thirds of doctors are considering abandoning any kind of government-sponsored health care insurance, stating that regulations are too high and reimbursement too low.
- By forcing States to accept federally-mandated health insurance, the Act violates States’ rights.
- Small businesses, the drivers of new job growth, will be especially penalized by $52 billion in new taxes and new IRS reporting requirements.
- Despite $500 billion in new taxes, Obamacare will increase the deficit by $500 billion over the next 10 years.
The simple reality is that Obamacare is a very poorly written law with vast consequences for all Americans. Obamacare’s so-called exchanges will ultimately increase insurance rates, tax American employers and threaten the viability of our private insurance market. Massive government subsidies will be required to keep ObamaCare afloat and that will require even more tax revenue. Obamacare will also simply create a massive new entitlement program that we, as a nation, cannot afford.
For me, as an American citizen, the Individual Mandate is the scariest part of the whole mess. If Obamacare stands, we as a nation have set the precedent for the government to force individuals into contracts with services providers for services they do not want. This does, in fact, violate the U.S. Constitution and is a big step down the pathway to tyranny. No we all know ho little the U.S. Constitution means to Obama, his cronies, and his Cool Aid drinking followers, but what about the rest of you Americans … are you going to just sit back and let him destroy this country and will you take a stand. This next election is critical. I now we all have our favorite candidate … but only one candidate can be the nominee! I lean to toward New Gingrich personally, but things are not looking to good for him right now. So will I go home and pout if Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, or Ron Paul get the nomination? Will I take my toys and go home? Nope … this election is way to important for such childish games. Any of the fielded republican candidates is a real measurable improvement over Barack Hussein Obama … and I will vote for any one of them to remove this domestic American enemy from office …. and in truth … I would not even have to hold my nose to do it!
- Obamacare Versus the U.S. Constitution (papundits.wordpress.com)
- GHEI: Obamacare’s mounting costs – Washington Times (gds44.wordpress.com)
- ObamaCare Unprecedented: Let Us Count the Ways (bokertov.typepad.com)
- MLR is only the beginning of the end of private health insurance in America (medcitynews.com)
- Obama Reelection Team Embraces the Term “Obamacare” (inquisitr.com)