Part 1, The Truth About Cap and Tax (Oops … my bad! I mean trade)!
Why would Obama and his liberal dream team work so hard to rush through such a horrible, economically disasterous, travesty of a bill. It makes absolutely no sense at all … unless … just maybe … Rush Limbaugh is correct; and Obama simply hates America and simply wants to drive this country into bankruptcy to destroy it.
In my opinion, any Representative or Senator who votes for this bill is not a true American and does not have this country’s best interests at heart. In fact, in my opinion, they are actually “domestic enemies” of this country and should be treated as such!
It is time for conservative Americans step up and be heard. We need to stop this legislative catastophe called the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade bill before the Senate can foolishly approve it. Too many Americans sat, stupified, watching the mind-numbing mass media coverage of the deification of Michael Jackson … while the House of Representatives used this Hollywood lovefest as cover to pass this bill while nobody was looking. Americans should have taken that time to understand how bad this bill really is … and not to worship a troubled, drug addicted man with a serious identity crisis who slept with young boys … but was not a pediphile.
By the way, what happened to Obama’s campaign pledge of open and transparent government process …. Oh well!
This bill is being sold to us as a means to slow man-caused carbon emissions … and thus help prevent global warming. However, even if we were to accept as fact the absurd assertions of hysterical, tree-hugging, leftists that man is causing the global warming that will destroy the planet … Cap & Trade could (and would) not prevent this disaster.
According to reknowned climate scientist Chip Knappenberger, this bill would only reduce Earth’s temperature by 0.1 to 0.2 degree Celsius by 2100. This calculation is backed up by Heritage Foundation’s Ben Lieberman, who states that he can find no legimate counter to the assertion that the impact of this bill on the global temperature would be inconsequential.
On the other hand, it is pretty clear that this Cap & Tax bill will have a major negative impact on the economy … one that which would not be inconsequential.
Some experts estimate that this bill will cause job losses averaging about 1.15 million between 2012 and 2030, and the cumulative projected loss in gross domestic product would be almost $10 trillion by 2035. This means that the national debt burden would increase by 26 percent, or $115,000, by 2035 for a typical American family of four.
Even liberal economists (at least those who have some personal integrity) such as with the Brookings Institution, estimate that this farce known as Cap & Tax would cost as much as 1.8 percent of the GDP in 2035 and 2.5 percent by 2050.
The fact is that economists from liberal think tanks, conservative think tanks, and industry associations all agree that Waxman-Markey cap & trade bill will reduce income by hundreds of billions of dollars per year.
So, I ask again … why the big rush to pass it? Why is Obama and his henchmen (and henchwomen) pressing so hard to get it passed so quickly? What does Obama gain?
If these facts are not enough to make you question why the American people aren’t screaming …. and threatening to un-elect, impeach, or lynch anyone involved with passing this travesty of a bill, here are a few other little tidbits about this Cap & Tax fiasco you should understand:
- This bill contains a hidden provision establishing unemployment benefits for up to three full years for workers displaced as a result of Cap & Tax, as well as health insurance premium subsidies and $1,500 each for job search and relocation expenses … all at taxpayers’ expense.
- The American Issues Project has uncovered a section (Section 204) of this bill that gives the federal government unprecedented authority over your home. This section mandates that new homes be 30 percent more energy-efficient than the current building code on the very day the law is signed and this requirement will increase to 50 percent by 2014 … and continues to increase until 2030.
- The bill would also affect existing properties you currently own. It requires states to label residential and nonresidential buildings based on their efficiency ratings and to publicize this information. This will allow states to inspect a building for a myriad of reasons including: you want to renovate your house in a way that requires a building permit, you want to sell your house, or you even want to just change the name of the person responsible for paying its utilities.
- Our liberal government officials, with their boundless generosity with other people’s money, have also set aside a fund to help homeowners retrofit their properties.
- This bill is so obscene that even with the strong Democratic majority in the House, it couldn’t have passed it without bribing some reluctant representatives. In fact, to buy Ohio Rep. Marcy Kaptur’s vote, Obama and hs dream team offered her a new federal power authority, which, according to The Washington Times, is loaded with up to $3.5 billion in taxpayer’s money available for lending to renewable energy and economic development projects in Ohio and other Midwestern states. Hmmmmm! Imagine that ……
- The truth is that, in addition to all the economic destruction the bill would wreak, this bill is not about global warming at all. It simply creates a new revenue stream for Obama’s shadow government. It is really about the Obamian wealth redistribution plan. Obama’s own budget promises to raise $650 billion in revenues by selling carbon permits (simply a form of indirect taxation). However, only $150 billion of this $650 billion will go to alternative energy production. The rest will be redistributed to people who “don’t pay income taxes.”
Enough is enough! Are we, as Americans, going to sit by and let this great country abandon its principles of personal freedom, equal opportunity, individual achievement, and real economic prosperity … and go quietly into the dark … sowing the seeds of our own destruction.
It is time for true Patriotic Americans to make a stand!