Do you like being manipulated by Obama?
Obama was on the road again … giving his cool-aid-laced campaign speeches and, as usual, they are dripping with deceit, half-truths, and out-right lies.
Obama goes on about job creation and how his administration will focus on that area of the economy now. He mentions we need more teachers, police, and firefighters … his patented buzzwords. Why is it always teachers, police, and firefighters?
Obama always mentions teachers, police, and firefighters … because those are buzz words that invoke an emotional response. What parent does not want good teachers for their children? How can you not feel a twinge after hearing a plug for police and firefighters … especially after 9/11. Everyone wants to feel safe … right! But let’s be honest here … shall we? Don’t we also need engineers, construction workers, oil rig hands, lineman, computer technicians, data analysts, electricians, and machinists, etc.
And, just how many teacher, police, and firefighters will Obama actually hire. These are actually municipal jobs. The vast majority of teachers, police, and firefighters are hired by municipalities …. and funded by tax dollars. This means higher taxes. I am all for good teachers …. and more police and firefighters (IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY NEEDED)! But should this be the central focus of a federal jobs creation program? I really don’t think so! For Obama … who will actually hire NO teachers, police, or firefighters … these are simply code words for more federal bureaucracy!
Can I ask you a question and get an honest answer? What do we really have to show for that $1 trillion stimulus package Obama bragged about … at least until it failed? You know … all those shovel ready jobs he talked about. Where are they? We spent almost $1 trillion ($870 billion) in tax payer dollars … what exactly did we get? Show me … point to some real jobs! Can you? Are you better off? A few of Obama’s bundler buddies got very rich by embezzling tax payer dollars, in the form of government guaranteed loans … via their “green energy company” scams!
Actually, here is where some additional Obama “stimulus” money went:
The Agriculture Department’s Rural Housing Service likely loaned hundreds of millions of dollars to ineligible borrowers as part of President Obama’s stimulus package, a report by federal watchdogs has revealed.
The stimulus earmarked more than $1 billion for RHS home loans in rural communities. According to the Ag Department’s Inspector General, up to $292.3 million of those loans may have financed ineligible projects, or gone to borrowers that did not meet the loan program’s requirements due to their potential inability to repay the loans.
The IG examined a sample of 100 RHS stimulus loans, and found that 17 had been extended to borrowers who “(1) had no history of stable and dependable income, (2) had a credit history that did not indicate the ability and willingness to repay a loan, or (3) did not meet repayment ability guidelines.”
Six loans in the report’s sample financed properties that did not meet the program’s eligibility requirements. Some “lacked sufficient documentation that the homes were decent, safe, and sanitary,” according to the report.
The IG extrapolated with 95% certainty that between 1,111 and 2,433 loans totaling between $124.3 million and $292.3 were made to ineligible borrowers or projects. The report faulted RHS personnel for the oversight.
Just more vote buying by the Obama administration. Saying one thing … doing another …. while the liberal media covers for them; or ignores the facts and just spreads the manure being shovelled out by the White House Press Secretary. It is just more Obamanipulation!
But hey …. the Obama’s are really very good at that. Michelle Obama had a great job in Chicago making $375,000 per year doing hospital outreach work. Actually, it was a non-job … Michelle Obama rarely ever had to show up! And can you guess what she did for them … she supported and implemented policies that made sure indigents and people who could not afford their medical care … got pushed off to other hospitals. Now that’s compassion for you!
Do you remember how President Obama promised the American people, “If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” Surprise, Surprise: the Obama Administration now admits that this isn’t actually the case! Now it seems that, for all practical purposes, a majority of group health plans will lose their grandfather status by 2013. Over time, as more Americans lose their existing health insurance, any new plan would naturally be subject to Obamacare’s overreaching regulations, mandates, and violations of religious liberty. This is just one more example of Obama’s endless stream of broken promises.
You know … Obama was so quick to condemn Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case … before anyone even knew the facts. Now, that is real leadership for you! You would think, then, that he would be equally quick to condemn horrible acts of violence perpetrated against the other people he is also the so-called “president” of. Yet he seems strangely silent over:
- an 18-year-old Chicago boy named Alton L. Hayes III, who, along with a younger accomplice, viciously attacked a 19-year-old boy with a tree branch simply because he was white. Hayes, who is black, said he was upset over the Trayvon Martin case.
- an angry, race-fueled mob who beat a man by the name of Matthew Owens. Owens is now in critical condition while the suspects still remain at large. Reports say that twenty people, all black Americans, attacked Matthew Owen on his front porch with “brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on.” One of the attackers was overheard saying: ”Now that’s justice for Trayvon.”
- And lastly, there is the horrible story of a white, 13-year-old boy who was walking home from school when he was accosted by two black teens. They chased the boy to his house but barred him from entering. According to reports, one of the suspect’s grabbed a red gasoline can saying: “This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve white boy,” dousing the boy with gasoline and setting him ablaze.
Were is the outcry from President Obama, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson?! Why so silent? I guess maybe they are all busy at strategy meetings with the New Black Panthers. Maybe it is just more Obamanipulation … and Obama really is playing his version of “the race card.”
- Romney: We Don’t Need More Firefighters, Police Officers Or Teachers (alan.com)
- Romney Economics: Fewer Teachers Fewer Firefighters Fewer Police (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- Ira Stoll on What Obama Gets Wrong About Teachers, Firefighters, and Cops (txwclp.org)
- Mitt Romney Is Still Getting Hammered For His Huge Gaffe On Firefighters, Police And Teachers (businessinsider.com)
- Panic mode: Team Obama spinning, lying about teachers, confusing private sector with public (twitchy.com)
- Romney: Obama didn’t ‘get the message of Wisconsin’ about cutting teachers, firefighters (rawstory.com)
- Do we really need more teachers? (theblaze.com)